Sunday, October 5, 2008

This is treasure......

I can't hold back my tears when she told me that they are leaving for Perth, Australia. She is like a mother to me. Before she left, she passed me some recipe books. I don't have much time to read all the cook books but recently whilst having my book shelves cleaned, I stumble upon this cookbook.

My my my....this cookbook was first printed in Chicago, 1943...and reprinted again in 1971.

This is so heartwarming....check this out!

A LOVE CAKE FOR MOTHER

Recipe

1 can of "Obedience"
several pounds of "Affections"
1 pint of "Neatness"
Some Holiday, Birthday, and everyday "Surprises"
1 Can of "Running Errands" (willing brand)
1 Box of powdered "Get up ahen I should"
1 Bottle of "keep sunny all day long"
1 can of pure "thoughtfullness"

Method
Mix well, bake in a hearty, warm oven, and serve to "Mother" everyday. She ought to have it in Big Slices

Written by Jean Beadle
Age 14 years

....and would like to share with you this recipe - PUMPKIN PIE

PUMPKIN PIE

1 cup pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 egg, well beaten, add
1 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger

Method
Mix together ingredients, and taste for proper flavour before pouring into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle nutmeg over top. Bake in moderate oven.

No comments: