Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Like lilies of the field...

I'd never knew that she has gone home until I reach for the papers and saw her column. I felt very weak suddenly. I couldn't believed what I saw, this can't be true..this can't be true. I run few calls and wept after the confirmation.

I recalling Charles Spurgeon most popular work saying "there is nothing very pleasant recalling that we are not immune to adversity, but it may humble us and prevent our boasting (Pslm.30:6).
It may keep us from sinking our roots too deeply into this soil from which we are so soon be transplanted into the heavenly garden.

He wrote further, " Let us recall the frail claim we hold on our earthly blessings. If we would remember that all trees of the earth are marked for the woodsman's axe, we would not be so ready to build our nest in them. We should love the love that expects death and counts on separations. Our dear relatives are but loaned to us, and the hour when we must return them to the Lender's hand may be even at the door.

I felt so much comforted by these words...coincidently enough, these humble and wise words are written by Spurgeon on March 10, the same date as she left us.

May her soul rest in peace...

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Honeybuzz, beautiful saying and posting. By the way, who was your great loss? Someone very close?
Regret to read that.
Best wishes, Lee.

HoneyBUZZin said...

Honey to Uncle Lee - Hi Uncle..she is someone very very dear to my heart. She is more like a mother to me than a friend.
I didn't know that she was sick..and I being so engrossed with my work failed even to see her the very last time when she's at her sick bed.
She was such an encourager..
*sob* *sob* *sob*

Unknown said...

nice. Like this article

A Lady's Life said...

This is so true We are just fellow travellers and given just a small moment in time to enjoy. Too bad this planet wastes it in fighting and wars. :)